Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Levels to this dating stuff...or are there? The interactive post!

Hey folks!
 It's DeAnna. First off I hope all is well and that you are continuing to gracefully overcome while living the beautiful life you were blessed with!
   So today I have an interactive post that I hope you all will give feedback for. As a disclaimer I will say that I am not bitter or going through anything. (I just had to clarify that! Lol) So we all know that dating in this day and age is significantly different than it was in our parent's day and age. The main change is the introduction of social media.
     According to our parents and even grandparents the man would "court" the woman for some time before seeking a relationship with her. Typically the courting phase was very traditional in that the man would initiate and ask the woman out etc. However, I find that these days men may initiate the first date then from there they sit back and wait for the woman to make the next move. Of course during this time they both may entertain other people as well. From there they may hang out again a few times or they may not. So there ends up being a lot of sporadic and inconsistent interactions between the two.
    My question to you is: why do you think the inconsistencies happen? Is it because one party may be too distracted by other options? Why has the courting phase gone out the window with our generation and future ones? Can we ever get back to traditional dating even with social media and the things we see on "reality TV?" Let me know what you think! Reply to: gogoalies14@gmail.com


Love Always,
DeAnna

No comments:

Post a Comment